Let food be thy medicine. Good Health Tips. Use natural immune boosting herbs/spices to give you a kick start and fight flu symptoms before they even begin! Spice up your meals by using a lot more turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic and ginger. These are powerful anti oxidants, digestive aids and immune boosters.
Immune boosting tea:
Using a plunger (bodem), add boiling water to sliced fresh ginger, lemon, mint leaves, ground or fresh cinnamon and a few pinches of cayenne pepper. Adjust amount of each ingredient according to your taste preference. Allow to infuse. Sip and enjoy all day long.
Immune boosting supplement regime
Take these supplements daily to boost your immunity during the colder months.
• A general multivitamin and mineral containing 30mg of zinc.
• Omega 3 providing at least 500mg EPA and DHA.
• Buffered vitamin C: 1000-2000mg.
• Olive leaf extract: 20 drops in a little water.
• Colostrum: 200mg twice daily.
• Other useful immune boosters: Echinacea capsules, Propolis extract, Curcumin capsules.
Remember to also:
• Drink enough water
• Get enough rest and sleep
• Wash your hands regularly!
When it comes to creating new lifestyle habits, be specific about what you want to change. Developing a habit of eating more fruit may seem daunting, whereas merely eating two pieces of fruit per day is simple. Seasons bring about change and change is always welcomed. Be good to yourself. Look after your body and it will look after you!