“It is the mind that makes the body rich.” Shakespear
FACT: Movement improves your mood by stimulating various brain chemicals that leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
FACT: Exercise also boosts your energy level. In fact, regular physical activity helps your entire cardiovascular system work more efficiently. Big deal? You bet!
FACT: It’s not always easy to find the time to exercise before / after work.
No time to exercise before or after work? Why not move your body more though out your day?
1. Sit on a stability ball as this works your balance and activates core muscles.
2. Do exercises using your stretch band while watching TV or at your desk.
3. Leave something important in your car (your lunch, your note case, etc.) so you have to run out to get it … and take the stairs if there are any!
4. Deliver documents or messages to co-workers in person rather than by email, the break from your desk may shift your energy.
5. Keep your walking shoes in your car and stop at an open field or park for a brisk walk before heading home, even if only for a few minutes.
6. Find a flight of stairs and pace up and down them for a quick intense workout.
7. Watch brain rule # 1 exercise from Dr John Medina for more tips to exercise at work - http://www.brainrules.net/exercise?scene
Some great resources for stretch exercises and workouts: